We are looking for coaches and volunteers – all experience levels are welcome
At First Tee, we help kids discover what’s inside of them, guide them to strengthen it and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do.
To do this, we need enthusiastic and caring individuals to serve as positive mentors and role models to kids and teens of various backgrounds. Our coaches’ ability to develop impactful relationships with our participants is the backbone of our program.
You don’t have to be a golf pro (or even a good golfer), we will provide the training you need! Our training system is built on research-proven methods of positive youth development, providing coaches with the tools to make kids feel safe, included and empowered.
We are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for all participants and individuals affiliated with the organization. All employees, coaches, and volunteers must complete a background check and SafeSport training program. Learn more about our Youth Safety Policy.
Our chapters rely on volunteers — sometimes year-round — to accomplish our mission, and not all of those goals involve golf. Most chapters need support off the course as well. These opportunities include:
- In-school program support
- By contributing your time and talent, you can directly make an impact in a child’s life.
Instructions for Application Process:
- Fill out form below.
- Check your email for a confirmation message from First Tee – Southern Colorado Staff.
- Background check – $20.50 fee, a background check is required every other year.
- Safe Sport training – you will receive confirmation and instructions from SportsEngine, after the completion of a successful background check.
- Once background check and Safe Sport training are complete, you will be contacted about First Tee ACT (Assistant Coach Training), chapter volunteer training, and upcoming volunteer opportunities!
How do I know if I’m ready to be a First Tee Coach:
- I want to make a positive impact in my community by mentoring kids and teens in a safe and welcoming environment.
- I want to help kids and teens learn golf and life skills
- I will take youth safety seriously and a background check and SafeSport Training.
- I am ready to take the next step by filling out the form below