Become a Volunteer and Make a Difference
Instructions for Application Process:
- Click the “Register to Volunteer” button above.
- Complete and submit form.
- Check your email for a confirmation message from First Tee – Southern Colorado Staff.
- Background check – $20.50 fee, a background check is required every other year.
- Safe Sport training – you will receive confirmation and instructions from SportsEngine, after the completion of a successful background check.
- Once background check and Safe Sport training are complete, you will be contacted about First Tee ACT (Assistant Coach Training), chapter volunteer training, and upcoming volunteer opportunities!
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At First Tee, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
“Young people don’t care what a coach knows until they know a coach cares.”
First Tee — Southern Colorado Volunteer program helps young people discover their unique talents and dreams, equip them with life-enhancing values and skills to achieve their goals through mentoring, and inspire them to become leaders that transform their families and community.
As you consider volunteering for our chapter, know that the safety of our kids is our first priority. Please read our Prevention Policies to see how we conduct programs and activities at our chapter.
We’re Looking for You!
Nationwide, we currently have more than 3,700 coaches signed up with First Tee, including PGA and LPGA pros, as well as volunteers. But you don’t have to be a golf pro or even a good golfer. With First Tee Coach Program, we provide the training you need.
Developed with input from leading experts in the field of positive youth development, our program focuses on empowering participants through decision-making and exploring options. This helps foster positive relationships between coaches and young people, inspiring the golfers of tomorrow to look to the future, set goals, and unlock their potential.
At First Tee — Southern Colorado Coaches are trained to:
- Empower youth to make decisions by thinking about consequences
- Build rapport and establish positive relationships
- Nurture golf and life skills development
Our committed volunteer base has continuously helped us reach young people in Southern Colorado including school outreach opportunities, community outreach events, and program participants.
To show our appreciation our volunteers receive:
- Discounted rates at our state-of-the-art indoor golf training center, The Learning Center
- Stay up-to-date with First Tee through our monthly Coaches Corner e-newsletter
- Participate in fun volunteer outings
- Gain the satisfaction of changing lives!
Phone: (719) 597-1932
Email: [email protected]